The Petroleum Fund is governed by the principles of good governance, the need to have Board that is committed to the organization’s mission, possess substantial leadership skills and expertise is therefore crucial.
The Petroleum Fund Board participated in three day annual Conference of Corporate Governance as from 14 - 17th July 2015 hosted by Mervyn E. King S.C and his Team of experts.
The issues were discussed during the conference:
- Review recommendations for board charters, committee terms of reference, delegation of authority, and assessments of the effectiveness of the board, the individual directors and its committees.
- Explore the rules and principles of governance and ethics in complex ethical situations.
- Evaluate Corporate Governance in State Owned Enterprises: Politics, Tenders and the collapse of governance
- Understand Cyber Compliance: The Board in Cyber- Ethics Cyber threats from a compliance perspective
- How to drive organizational performance, how to coach and what level of acumen is required to be effective, chairs, CEO, Board members of the Executive
- Effective corporate role in combating corruption
- Strategies for aligning Rewards and Remuneration of Executives and the board from private and public sectors
- Integrated Reporting & Integrated Thinking: A Global movement
- Gain insight on Governance & Financial Crisis in Africa